Friday 6 April 2007

Very Good Friday

The weather that is, nothing too exciting otherwise. I decided to have a day at home, I can't stand all the traffic and swarms of people on a Bank Holiday. I also get very miserable unfortunately at public holiday times. I remember the past because of course certain memories are easier to recollect on certain dates. Like Good Friday years ago was always Mum, Dad and me going to West Ham football on Good Friday. They always had a home morning match on that day, and we would have hot cross buns at half time, and then get fish and chips from the shop near where we used to park the car in Fawn Road, for our lunch. Those were the days. Lots of other things too, but seeing other people in couples and families just makes me pissed off and lonely.

However, we won't dwell on that. I decided to get stuck in and dig my new veg plot, nothing too big, and now have to decided what to plant. I think I may do carrots, spring onions and lettuces, and will probably stick to what I've done the last two years for my runner beans after all - grow them in a large tub and make a wigwam, that way I may be able to save some of them from the slugs. If I put them in the ground, I don't hold out a lot of hope for their chances, and I definitely will not put slug pellets down, not even the so-called "safe" ones. Not worth the risk with the hogs around (or Diddy boy)

After that, I put a coat of cuprinol on my garden bench, took Emma over the back fields once it had cooled down a bit, but it was still 23c in the sun at 5 pm, boiling. (Had a slight scare first thing though, thick fog until about 11am, thankfully it cleared, and the cold wind dropped too today, so it's been the best yet)

I don't feel too good, I hope I'm not getting something, but I woke up with an awful sore throat, not for the first time lately, but it normally goes off, but not today, it's got steadily worse, and I have been sneezing my head off, nose streaming. It could be hayfever, but I don't normally suffer from it this early, and even when I do it's not a big deal, just the sniffles really. I took an antihistamine anyway, but hasn't done a thing.

Oh well best get the guinea pigs in, it starts to chill off very quickly in the shade, and it's time for their tea.

Sunset last night

Diddy enjoying a dust bath in the greenhouse

My veg plot, looks more like a grave actually!

1 comment:

oldcrow61 said...

Love that Diddy Boy, what a guy. Looks like you had a great day.