Wednesday 18 April 2007

Let's have another go!

Well the photos are uploaded, let's hope I can write this and not lose everything again.

Today I went to my friend Pat's. It was a beautiful sunny day, but the wind still cold, but it was boiling sitting out the front of her house. We took the dogs to the woods just across the road, where there are the ruins of old mill workings and cottages, and beautiful scenery. Chiff Chaffs calling from all over the place. How lucky is she to have such a fabulous place right on her doorstep.

When we came back I snuck round the back and took some snaps of a pair of Willow tits on her peanut feeders, and a Collared dove.

Came home, put the guinea pigs out for a run round before the sun disappeared from round the back, and thought I'd try and get some photos of something other than house sparrows or chaffinches here. Well I got lucky! Thankfully, the Sparrowhawk didn't as he swept through and missed everything. He's not a very successful hunter, although I've found a couple of piles of feathers around, I've not seen him get anything, and hope that I don't. He went and perched on the rail in the next door garden and posed nicely for me, so didn't shoo him off this time. He came back later behind my aviary again, and still didn't get anything, and that time I did shoo him off, he terrifies my poor cockatiels. One of my regular robins came out from under the holly bush, Tic, he's not as tame as Bouncer, I think he is one of Bouncer's offspring from last year, but has a mate of his own now, who is still terrified of me!

Well tomorrow, I'm off to Gigrin Red Kite Farm, really looking forward to it, hope to get lots of photos, so watch this space....















2 comments:

nicola said...

Superb photos Jan, bet you are pleased to punch with them!

Have a good day looking for the kites, sorry missed you yesterday.....

oldcrow61 said...

Wonderful pictures Jan. Bet you are happy with your new camera.