Tuesday 15 April 2008

Oh dear, a week gone by..

I don't seem to have had the time or the inclination to update this really, have been busy but nothing much to talk about on here that's much different to normal. Basically, I've been going up to the farm every afternoon about 3.15 to help Kate with the lamb feeds and walking the dogs, have a chat and a coffee after, and come home. Other than that, just normal stuff, shopping and housework. I did last Saturday night for them as they went out for the evening, and I've got this weekend booked from Friday lunchtime to Sunday morning. Also first week in June booked, but the lambs should be off the bottle feeds by then, so it will just be the normal stuff to do up there.

Kate has taken pity on me and my diet of ready meals, and has been making me things to bring home to eat lol. Very nice of her. I've got a lovely fish pie waiting to be eaten tomorrow now, because I already had something in the fridge that I had to eat tonight else it may have gone off. She's never eaten a ready meal in her life, and loves to cook, so who am I to complain. I only eat the healthy options, low cal, low fat, low salt ones, and often add my own fresh vegetables to it, but still. My dieting is going well still, losing a bit more each week. Ideally, I'd still like to lose another half stone, but if it doesn't happen, well I will still be pretty pleased with what I have lost, and I'm not finding it a struggle at all, I am eating plenty enough not to feel hungry, but do miss my cakes still, but as long as I can stop myself eating them too often, the occasional one may be in order now and then. I've now lost 35lbs since I started last year, and am back to what I was three years ago now. I actually found my 2006 calendar this morning when I was doing some sorting, and saw that I actually put on 2 stone in 18 months, not good, just by eating the sort of thing that normal people eat. Someone said "you're not still on your diet are you?" But the thing is, I think I need to be permanently on some sort of one, otherwise it just piles on. So unfair.

Okay so the main news is that I am meeting a guy on Thursday that I've been chatting with virtually every night now for a week, we must have spent around 20 hours in conversation now, and he sounds great. Just hope I am not disappointed when we meet up, been there, got the t-shirt 5 years ago. I've learned loads about him, and very much like what I know, but whether there is going to be anything in it I won't know till we meet. People aren't perfect, I am far from it I know, but there could well be something that I won't like, or he about me, so will just have to wait and see. I am such a pessimist! He is fairly local, about 20 miles away at a guess, but we are meeting in town, which is about half way for both of us. Watch this space!

5 comments:

Robbiegirl said...

Wow, well done you with the weight loss!

Have to say I'm with Kate on the ready meals - yuk. I only eat them if I'm really really knackered and don't have anything else in. But then I love to cook, and I also like to know exactly what's gone in my food.

Michael can't cook, so he'd happily eat ready meals every night if it wasn't for me.

Robbiegirl said...

Oh and good luck with the man...

Jan said...

Thanks Anna.

Thing with me and the meals is that I couldn't cook meat from raw, no way, I can only just about bear to eat it now and try not to think about it and how it died, but if I were to do all my own cooking, I would have to be veggie again, and I wasn't overly healthy then.

The Quacks of Life said...

well done on the weight loss and good luck thursday

oldcrow61 said...

Wow, 35 lbs gone. Congratulations! Good luck on Thursday, I'm watching this space,lol.