Tuesday 1 January 2008

It's 2008

Been so busy today, it took me 2 hours to do my morning stint at the farm today, all the hay nets needed replacing, and shoving the wheelbarrow up the bumpy track full of hay was a very painful experience. Walking the dogs round a soggy field in wellies isn't helping my back or legs either, so I did it with an old pair of trainers on this evening which seemed to help. Definately need wellies for going into the sheep fields though, about 4 inches of sludge to wade through.

Squirrel on the peanut feeders this morning, got a shot but only with the Nokia again. I took my proper camera up this evening to get some better shots of the donkeys, but they weren't there! However, the little female kitten put in an appearance, she has been missing for weeks, I was glad to see her, but a bit concerned as she was coughing and sneezing, hope she hasn't got cat flu, she wouldn't let me touch her though, and she did eat and then later on was on the hay in the barn and seemed okay so fingers crossed.

White Socks made me laugh running up the lane alongside Emma today too, coming for a bit of the walk with us. Emma didn't know what to make of it, because she normally chases cats on my instruction, but luckily, she also doesn't chase them when I say no, but she was a bit uneasy with this cat trotting alongside her!

Got so much to do in the next few days, need to see the doctor, get my fence panels ordered, delivered and fixed, hope I can ask someone to help me, need to get the car heater done, it was freezing air coming through again today. Oh well, it'll be nice to keep busy I guess. Hope we don't get the promised snow.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see a shot of Emma with her big eyes and a cat walking next to her. I'll bet she couldnt keep those eyes off that crazy cat.

oldcrow61 said...

Great pictures Jan. Hope you don't get that dreaded snow.

Stewart said...

A nice blog Jan, I luv the cat having a go at the camera and your King Charles. She looks a right character...




xcharacthterx oopps all fingers and thumbs...