Thursday 10 January 2008

Three days again

Okay so this is supposed to be brief, it's nearly teatime, I'm starving and cold, but must do this else I will get into watching tv again and not get round to it.

Tuesday - the vets - Emma had her yearly booster vacination, her heart pill renewal and check up, heart working well. She also had her anal glands cleared, well that was the general idea. She has to have this from time to time, she scoots her bum along the ground so I knew it was due. So a lovely job for Damien (yuck) but he took it in his stride. Gulp. And poor Emma screamed the place down, she has an infection up her rear and he couldn't clear one side, so she's on antibiotics for ten days, then I have to take her back to see him. (Lucky for me, not for her... ) So I had a full 15 minutes of his attention, well Emma did I suppose. It was lovely, and for the very first time ever he started up a conversation, and asking me if I had a nice new year etc... Gulp again. What is about that man, it can't just be the accent can it? I'm pretty sure I don't show anything in my face to let him know that I'm quivvering inside, and if his hand brushes mine as I'm holding Emma, it's like an electric shock... Oh My God! I would run a mile though, I would truly if he were to show any other sort of interest in me other than professional. But it's just nice to imagine and dream.....

Yesterday was my turn at the docs. B12 Injection, blood test to see how the thyroid is doing now, and see if anything can be done about my back which is getting progressively worse. She had a feel round and said something wasn't quite right on the left, if you see what I mean... Anyway she is referring me for physio but there is a waiting list so gawd knows when it will happen. She thinks a massage will help. Be nice if it's a hunky guy....

Today just met Pat in town for shopping and we had lunch in the cafe. Left Emma at home because the weather was horrendous, as it has been for a few days really. The wind was deafening here all night again and torrential rain, and another fence panel has bitten the dust, well sludge. No way is that one getting fixed in a hurry though. The bit of the garden is on the 60 degree slope, will be impossible for anyone to keep their feet at the moment up there so will just have to put up with seeing into the next neighbour along's living room now (as opposed to the other lady for the panel I already fixed) I need some dry frosty weather now before anything can be done with that. I think I will have to pay someone to come and do the four of them properly, not my problem then. I will have to find out how much they charge.

Weather is so bad the meeting has been cancelled tonight so people don't have to travel, feel like I've got a result! Actually I wasn't going anyway. I said to Helen when she phoned I really only go to see her and Kate, and she said she did the same. Haha!

Bought some more logs today, a £3 sack only lasts one evening. Lit the fire last night, but will try to avoid tonight it's turned a fair bit milder today, mind you it doesn't feel like it in here.

5 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

oh poor little emma

nicola said...

hmmmmm love over anal gland cleaning, only you jan, only you x

Mary said...

Hi Jan,
Thanks for your comment, I did try to write about my sadness on my blog but emotions in the family are raw at the moment and i did not want to offend anyone should they read it, plus i am not very good at writing about my feelings.
My Cousin died on Monday and we all have to come to terms with it.she was only56 and was diagnosed with cancer just three months ago.
The Chocolate fondue and Viennese Hot chocolate drink probably contained more than a days calories but chocolate is good comfort food and karen and i did enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

I still think you should think about how you can give Damien a present. He looks like a nice person so he wont be offended...you just have to think about how to go about it and what it should be. Of course, it is just a prelude to the NEXT STEP. I still think a nice blue hat would be appreciated especially if you made it out of the finest wool. Hey, tell him if he hooks you up with a spinner you'll make him a hat. Does he vet farm animals for fun-farmers I wonder? such as your friend? What does she do with the wool from her sheep? Can she find you a spinner of fine wool? Lots of trouble but...what yu gonna do?

oldcrow61 said...

Poor little Emma, must have been an awful experience for her. Hope you end up with a hunky masseuse when you get your treatment. lol