Friday 31 August 2007

Few other bits and pieces

Over the past two weeks I've been an avid watcher of Monkey Life on C5 at 6.30 pm. I can't remember when I've enjoyed a tv show more. I have loved it all, and if I could be granted one wish it would be to go and work there with those beautiful monkeys, especially the Orang Utans, I've long been a lover of these particular primates. So tonight, although I knew it was coming, the final show announced the death of the founder of Monkey World, Jim Cronin. I wept buckets. Life sure is a bitch, so unfair that a decent, lovely caring guy like him was taken from this world so young, when there are other bastards roaming free and doing evil things to animals and other people. RIP Jim, bless you mate, for all you did in your twenty years at the centre.

Closer to home, it looks like I've completely fallen out with the old lady next door. Yesterday morning, there was an awful lot of banging and a loud crash from her bathroom area. Next thing I heard her dog baying and howling like something out of Hound of the Baskervilles, sounding very distressed and upset. So I opened my front door to see if I could see anything, I thought maybe the old girl had fallen or something and was trying to attract my attention. Turned out she was outside in the front garden, raking up some grass! So I said, your dog, is something wrong, it's making an awful noise? To which she just said "eh?" and then grunted, and carried on raking. So I shut the door. No more happened, then today she had a visitor and walked down the front path to go out with her, and I looked up and smiled and she completely blanked me, looked at me like I was a piece of shit. Oh lovely. Anyone remember the song by the Small Faces? "Wouldn't it be nice, to get on wiv me neighbours....."

Weather forecast good for tomorrow, we've got the book sale at the local car boot tomorrow, for the Wind Farm Protest group, so hopefully may do a bit better than last time, and also tomorrow is the annual Llandysul Show, which I hope to go to, never been before, so looking forward to that. Saw the marquees going up today. Not sure what to expect, it's mainly agricultural stuff I think, but I believe they have a dog show and stuff.

Well best go and do the washing up and shut the birds in. Nights drawing in now, how depressing, only 8 oclock and it's getting dim out there.

1 comment:

oldcrow61 said...

Sorry to hear that you have fallen out with the neighbour. Aw well, given what she was like when she was friendly, maybe it's for the best.