Tuesday 4 September 2007

Summer at Last!

Weather fantastic. What can I say - blue, blue skies and unbroken sunshine from mid morning onwards, and not a breath of wind. My friend Pat came round for the day and we went with the dogs to Cei Bach beach to let them have a paddle, as it was high tide (why is it always high tide there??? ) Anyway, we took a picnic up into Llanina Woods and sat at one of the tables and never saw another person until we started back down the woodland track to the car. Sheer bliss, beautiful and warm, good food, good company! The dogs had a great time (not to mention a bonio each and some of our tuna)

After Pat had gone I cut all the grass, the guinea pigs were out in their pen, Diddy boy helping me with the weeding, and I even took Chippy outside for an airing. Just great. Mind you, there is a down side (well there has to be one doesn't there) it dropped down to the coldest night since last winter here, it was only 3c outside at 7 o'clock this morning. Brrrrrrrr.

The other thing is that I definitely won't be travelling up country during the weekend of the 16th/17th. I've told Kate that I will look after the farm that weekend now. In fact, I'm not even sure when I will be up at all now, as the neighbour who had offered to do the birds etc was coming over this morning to see what she would have to do, and she never came, no word from her, she must've forgotten, which isn't exactly reassuring for her doing it really, I had my doubts about her reliability already to be honest, and that kinda confirmed it. Also Pat is away on holiday from that weekend too, so she wouldn't be able to have the guinea pigs, seems I was fated not to travel then. Will have to have a re-think. Maybe the best option would be to take the guinea pigs with me, not sure how they would travel though. I may possibly ask the boy across the road if he would be interested in doing the birds and hedgehogs before and after school maybe, he's had a cockatiel so he maybe okay, dunno, will have to come up with plan B anyway.

Just look at that sea - New Quay across the bay



3 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Wow, what a beautiful day. The sky is so blue. Maybe you will have a great autumn. Too bad about your trip, maybe you'll be able to sort something out.

The Quacks of Life said...

is this jan talking?

pleased for you really!!

Karen said...

Fabulous deep blue sea and sky!