Monday 9 July 2007

Stuff in the garden

I haven't done anything of note to write about for a few days, just the normal shopping, dog walking in places that I've done loads of pics of before, watching Wimbledon etc. Today not much different really but thought I'd take some photos of the weeds and wild flowers in the garden whilst the sun was shining and before they all drop their petals. They got the weather forecast wrong for today too, it's been lovely here, t-shirt weather, lots of clouds but not often blocking out the sun, but a bit chilly when it did go in mind. It's all changed now though, completely grey out there and cold. I actually went down to B & Q to buy some paint. I am decorating the hall, as I've ordered a new carpet for the hall and lounge. Lounge is okay, did that last year, but the hall is horrible. I spent the morning doing the gloss on the skirting boards and door frames. I chose my paint and then because the cows weren't in the field alongside B&Q, I thought I'd walk Emma along the river Towy. It was really hot. I took lots of photos with my Nokia, as I didn't bother with the camera, I thought if the cows had been there, I would have taken her to the reservoirs and you can only take so many pictures of the same place...

Anyway, came back armed with pictures of the river, a train crossing the bridge (quite a novelty for me as I rarely see any trains, but Emma hates them, is terrified) erm, cows on the other side of the bank, Emma sitting in front of a life-saving ring. Came back and have just processed them using bluetooth, and they are all bloody blurred and useless! Just checked and the bloody lens on the Nokia case is all scratched. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Oh well, serves me right for not taking the proper camera I suppose. So the garden it is then. Diddy Boy had a good old crowing session whilst I was out there, so caught him mid-yell!












Just had this pair of siskins on the peanuts.

4 comments:

Mary said...

The garden is looking good.
I just posted a hedgehog update as the little hedgehog reappeared this afternoon. He is rather thin and hedgehog rescue have taken him in until he is able to survive on his own.

Karen said...

You have a lovely garden Jan, mine is tiny. I don't enjoy gardening so it's just as well.

oldcrow61 said...

Your garden is lovely Jan, very cosy. That Diddy Boy is a wonder. He's gorgeous.

cmk said...

LOVE Diddy Boy--and the garden is gorgeous, too. :)