Thursday 1 May 2008

Sandy Water Park

Had a brilliant day out with Alan today. We went to the above, which is a superb lake with lots of water fowl, and is situated on the Millenium coastal path. The weather was kind to us, bright and sunny, bit of a brisk breeze but not too bad. Lots of swans, mallards, pochards, coots, and gulls to see. Had a walk round the lake with Emma. As we got back to the car park, there was a guy with the most gorgeous Cocker spaniel pup ever. We stopped and chatted and fussed for a good long time. She was only 13 weeks old and so obedient, it was amazing to watch. I wanted to take her home, but I don't think Emma would have been too impressed (neither would the guy)

After we went to another part of the park (meant driving) for lunch, had a lovely baguette and a coffee in a cafe overlooking the bay. Then took Emma on the sands and let her go in the sea. There were some blokes doing the surfing thing with a kite, was fantastic to watch, I'd like to do something like that one day.

Back to pick up Alan's car and then back to his place (ooer!) for a cup of tea and a computer lesson from me! He showed me his amazing garden which is 200 feet long! And he has slow worms living under various bits of sheet metal, so I persuaded him to look (he doesn't like them) and wow, there was a little one, and I picked him up. The photo not clear cos I only had the nokia there, I'd left the camera in the car by then, but that was one of the highlights of my day.

Still really like him, he's a real gentleman, so polite and considerate and finding out more and more things about him that I like every time I see him. Watch this space..... ;o)























5 comments:

Janine said...

Hooray Jan! Glad you are having fun with your beau. Is the slow worm a legless lizard, or a snake? Either way its very cool.

Jan said...

It's classed as a legless lizard Jan, I had a pet one when I was a kid, one that had been badly injured in a mower. He'd been cut almost in half, but I managed to keep him until he healed up, and then let him go down the end of the garden. I used to see him sometimes after sunbathing on a molehill. His name was Tommy. Ahhhh!

The Quacks of Life said...

love the cocker jan.

nice to see you having fun

oldcrow61 said...

Sounds like you're having a great time.

Mary said...

Hope all continues to go well. I like slow worms